Which Free Photo Editing Software Is The Best? | Free Photo Editing Tutorial 

Which Free Photo Editing Software Is The Best?

There are a lot of free photo editing software available on the Internet. Which one is the best? I like several different ones. My top three that I use more often are Gimp, Pant.net, and Photoscape.

I use Gimp for heavy duty jobs. Gimp is a very powerful image editor. It has tons of features, many which I have not yet figured out.

There is a huge learning curve for Gimp. However, Gimp is very popular and everybody and their grandma have created brushes and other plug in software for it.


Paint.net is the photo editor I use the most because it is quick and easy. It's like buda bing, buda pow, and you're done for basic photo and image editing. I love to use Paint.net to create banners and such.


Photoscape rounds out my top three free photo editors. I like using Photoscape to make GIFs and animated banners and avatars. It is so simple and quick. Also, I love the additional clip art and freebies that come with Photoscape.

I really can't choose which of these three is my absolute favorite because each one does a better job than the others on certain processes. Again, Paint.net is for quick and easy tasks. Gimp is for heavy duty projects. Photoscape is so much fun to use. It's user friendly level is somewhere in between Paint.net and Gimp.

So, which free photo editing software is your best? Take my poll located on the side bar.

If you have not yet tried either of the software mentioned above, you can download them for free at c/net's Download.com. Try Gimp, Photoscape, or Paint.net and let us know what you think.

Happy photo editing!